Legal Representation & Other Resources

Deputy Clerks are not permitted to give legal advice. If you do not have an attorney and you require legal counsel, you may contact the Lake County Bar Association lawyer referral service. In Civil/Small Claims cases, you may contact the Legal Aid Society of Cleveland to see if you qualify for legal representation. You may have counsel appointed to represent you on criminal/traffic matters with the exception of minor misdemeanors. To request court-appointed counsel, you must complete a financial affidavit that will be notarized by court personnel .A hearing will be conducted to determine whether you meet the current financial guidelines for court-appointed counsel. The law requires the assessment of a $25 court cost upon filing an application for appointment of court-appointed counsel. If you require help related to evictions, you may contact the Fair Housing Resource Center. Information on Small Claims cases is available from the Ohio Judicial Conference Citizens Guide.

Clerk Of Court


Chief Deputy Clerk


Willoughby Municipal Court • 4000 Erie St. • Willoughby, OH 44094 • phone: 440-953-4150 • fax: 440-953-4149 •

General Info | Court Rules | Records Search | Online Payments | Attorney Info | Location & Directions | Contacts
Forms | Home